The most sophisticated breast imaging technology in medical imaging will be available to residents of the Riverina. 3D mammography or Tomosynthesis is a break though in diagnosis of previously imperceptible lesions. The facility has mammography with 3D Tomosynthesis technology, which allows radiologists to detect more subtle lesions or distortions than a conventional 2D image.
- Advantages of this world class service to our patients include
- Single acquisition of all required data
- Reduced compression times
- Reassurance that imaging minimises obscuring of abnormal breast tissue
- More definitive diagnosis
At Imaging Associates we endeavour to minimise the anxiety surrounding the suspicion of breast anomalies. Small procedures such as a biopsy may also be performed under Tomosynthesis or under ultrasound.
What is Breast Tomosynthesis? Watch this short video.
To view Dr Daniel Lee discussing a 3D Mammography (tomosynthesis) case, please click here
All mammography at Imaging Associates Wagga Wagga requires a referral from your GP or Specialist.